As it suggests by its name Living room is the area where the life lives. It is the area, one gives top priority to its lay-out, position in the house and last but not least- the decoration. Living room got that much importance by occupants because this is the only area where they welcome their guest, outsiders and strangers. If living room is well decorated and planned, it fulfills the basic desire to get acclaimed by visitors.
No doubt, if the living room makes with the interior guidelines it will look beautiful, but meanwhile we can’t ignore the fact that only beauty and acclamation can’t make the occupants happy. For real happiness they need to make their living room vaastu friendly as well. You can say if interior is a beautiful body then the vaastu is a soul for the human being. A real smart person always takes care for both.
An interior decorator can help us to make other envy to our living room. But we must not forget that even a well decorated and most beautiful living room can be the source of our grief, if it would have not constructed as per Vaastu. It is always advisable to consult with a professional vaastu consultant before construction, decoration or redecoration of your living room. Not to mention that only a vaastu friendly living room can ensure happiness.
Renowned Vaastu and Fengshui expert NareshSingal explained how one can make an ideal living room. Here are the guidelines-
- In vaastu, east and north direction are given great importance. The sun rays, being a rich source of vitamin D are vital for the sustenance of life on earth; and the rays early in the morning from the east emitting more light and less heat are the best. Doors and windows in the east would allow the ultra violet rays to penetrate into the house, bestowing their benefits to the inmates of the house.Due to these scientific principles Vaastu recommends north and east directions for living room. Another two best direction for living room are north-west and north-east.
- As per vaastu there should be sufficient space to move freely and there should be space behind the furniture’s for the air to move. This ensures the movement of positive energy in the living room.
- The Sofa sets should be placed in north-west while day-bed should be placed in south-west. Show-case and almirah can also be placed in south-west. Television or LCD sould be placed in south-east. It is advisable to avoid an ‘L’ shape sofa.
- A comfortable living room should have the sitting arrangements for at least 8-10 people. While sited the chief of the house should have faced towards north or east while guest should have their faces toward south or west.
- All moving water source such as Water fountain/Aquarium should be in the North.
- As per vaastu fire and air are friendly in nature. Do if there are any fireplaces they should be in the South-East or North-West of the living room.
- As per vaastu there are should be large windows on north or east wall for the maximum sunlight to come in.
- There should be light colour used on the walls.
- The colour of the wall should be different from the colour of roof.
- There should be no paintings or objects depicting war, death or anger in the living room.
- GanpatiNatraj and Shiva are our deities; do not place them as a show piece.