Did You Choose Holi Colors According To FengShui!
Holi, one of the major festivals of Hinduism, is celebrated every year in the month of Phalgun which approximates to the month of February and March according to the standard calendar. Holi is celebrated on the full moon’s day but the preparations and painted faces with all colors red, green, black, purple, pink and a whole array can be spotted from a week before!
Holi is celebrated and has received its name from an old mythological story of Holika. Holika was the name of the sister of the hiranyakashipu, the demon king of that time. The king was so egoistic that he always wanted that all the people under his reign should only worship him. Challenging his thoughts and wishes, his own son, Prahladawas the worshiper of lord Vishnu. Holika was granted the boon that she would remain untouched when in fire. With this thought in mind, Hiranyakashipu decided to burn his own son and asked Holika to sit within fire by taking the Prahladain her lap.
However, contrary to the expectations happened! Prahlada was being saved but Holika died. This is the reason that the first day of Holi festival deals with certain Puja and it is wished that all the evils and demons of the society get burn within the fire.
The story behind the second day of Holi explains the fan-ship of lord Krishna where he used to play Holi with every Gopior cowgirl and Radhaand used to apply Guilal on their face.
Festival of colors, Holi, should thus be celebrated with perfect colors asthey possess the power to change the environment within your house.
- Red color is a representative of fire and is considered as lucky according to FengShui.
- Orange is another good color and FengShui treats it as one of social colors. In addition to being vibrant and eye catching, orange color is a representative of fun and frolic too.
- Yellow color is considered as cheerful and a representative of activeness according to FengShui.
- Green is a symbol of youthfulness and represents growth and balance within the house and society.
- Pink, the best of all Holi colors, represents feminine energy and the unconditional love following thereafter.
Choose the fengshui color which represents your personality best!