They say ‘if end is well all is well’. But Vaastu says if ‘Entrance’ is well all is well. Yes, entrance is that much important from vaastu point of view whether it is for residential building or commercial building. Entrance shows the lifestyle of the members living in. If entrance is made following the vaastu rules, it attracts health, wealth and good luck for the family.
We should be very careful for making of entrance of the house. Here the guidelines for the entrance/gates are explained as per vaastu. As Vaastu is a science, there is logic and reasoning behind every guideline.
Vaastu rules for main gate
- Gates should be avoided in South-West.
- The gates should not be at the extreme corners.
- Every plot should have two gates for entry, a big gate for vehicles and a smaller gate for people.
- The entrance to the house should be in direct approach to the main gate.
- Avoid big tree in front of the gate. Big trees produce chaya vedh, which is not good for the residents.
- Avoid any ditch in front of the gate and even in the pathway leading to front gate.
- No open well should be in front of the gate.
- There should be no decaying or rundown or a house in bad condition in front of the gate.
- There should be no pole of any sort in front of the gate.
Effects of gate as per vaastu
- If the main gate is on the east and the north sides it leads to prosperity and fame.
- If there are gates on the east and the west sides leads to happiness and riches.
- If the gates are on the north and the west sides it bring only wealth. It has also been seen that they increase an individual`s interest in the spiritual aspects.
- If there is a gate only in the east direction it leads to overall prosperity.
- A northern gate symbolizes material comforts.
- As per vaastu if the gate is in the west side then there will be a considerable profit in business. But this profit is short-term. After some years a lump will be experienced.
- Remember to avoid the south-west gate completely. Under no conditions should the gate be built on this side. It leads to hazards and difficulties.
Download the article in Pdf