With increasing production, the business houses are opening their offices and showrooms in numbers for marketing their products. Therefore buildings for these commercial purposes have become a necessity. And such offices are being operated for multi-storied commercial complexes. Such type of complexes can be seen in numbers in metro cities. It would be wise if we say that these multi-stories buildings have become the part of the culture of metros.
While construction of multi-storied complexes most of the vaastu principle cannot be followed. Due to high price, most of the value for the price is taken and maximum utilization of space is done. Even doing so, if the rules laid in Vaastu are followed while construction of commercial complex they gain fame and are sold quickly and the business or offices operating for such buildings become profitable.
There are peoples who think that vaastu rules are only for domestic constrictions. My friends, I would like to tell you that vaastu rules are equally important for commercial constructions. Understanding the importance of vaastu most of the commercial builders and business houses follow vaastu rules.
Here we would like to mention, though basics for domestic and commercial vaastu are same, still there are major difference between both. When we go for the commercial vaastu, we have to consider the nature of business/commercial activity to be done in the building. A professional vaastu consultant shouldn’t ignore this. Anyway, here are some basic rules which can be applied in any kind of commercial building or office space.
- Rectangular plot of side ratio between1:1 to 1:2 are best suited for the purpose. Construction on such plots is auspicious and is beneficial not only to the owners but also to the occupants who rent or buy the commercial units in such constructions.
- There should be enough space left around the building. More open space towards North and East side of the Building as compared to south and west sides.
- As far as possible the main gate should never be in South-west zone of the plot. The height of the main door to the building should be more than the entry doors of individual unites in the complex.
- Any underground water storage or tube-well may be constructed either in North or North-East zone of the plot. Whereas, overhead water storage tanks may be put in north-west.
- Waste water drained out of the building and also the rain water should flow towards the north or east directions.
- Lawn in north side open space and parking in east side is auspicious.
- Slope of the land should be from south to North and West to East.
- If the trees are used in horticulture, tall and dense trees should not be near the building. They should be such planted that their shadow does not drop on the building till 4 pm in evening.
- Every floor should be constructed in such a manner that fresh air should flow freely in every room. There should be provision of day light to enter in every room of the building.
- If attached toilet is to be provided with any room in the complex, it should be in the south portion of the room.
- If store room is required along with the office, it should be in the south or west part of the room.
- It is advisable to construct stairs in the south or west zone of the main building. Stairs in north or east portion of the building are not auspicious.
Download the article in Pdf