Modern man is like a machine. He toils from dawn to dark. This practice for seeking comfort makes him restless. The result is that more and more medical insurance companies are coming into existence. Medical insurance has become a necessity for machine man. He isn’t sure when his doctor would tell him that he is in the clutches of some serious ailment.
Given the rising cost of treatment and medicines, it does make sense to buy a suitable medical insurance policy. At the same time, when we buy an insurance policy, we are only preparing to deal with the monetary implications of an injury or disease, in case something like that happens. What if, by following certain Vaastu guidelines to safeguard our living place, we could somehow reduce the occurrence of injury or disease? Wouldn’t that be a smarter thing to do?
Cosmos is made up of five basic elements i.e. – Earth, Sky, Water, Fire and Air. Any imbalance in these elements brings about a discomfort outside and within the human body. We may not feel this immediately but the change in the systems of the body makes us realize that something is wrong. By following the principles of Vaastu laid down by the ancient Indian scholars, we try to do away with negative energy and mental agony, thereby achieving mental peace. By implementing the Vaastu remedies, numerous health problems have been mitigated.
Vaastu provides a set of principles for the general layout, furniture placement and interior decor of the built environment – including landscaping, gardens, car parks, storage facilities etc. These principles produce a balancing and harmonizing affect on the environment and its inhabitants. Here are few basic rules that are stated in the ancient books of Vaastu are discussed below for ensuring good health.
- Never keep your head towards North while sleeping, prefer keeping it towards South or East only, to achieve peaceful and restful sleep for healthy life.
- Face, either towards North or East while working, studying or negotiating with clients. It helps increase sharp memory resulting in ability to take proper and faster decisions and at right time.
- Avoid facing South or South-West while cooking, eating or drinking. Your face should preferably be towards East/West for better taste, digestion & healthy body. Having door at the back while cooking may lead to back-ache, pain in the legs, shoulders and even cervical.
- To have better concentration & devotion while worshipping, your face should be towards East or West.
- Keep basil (Tulsi) in house to purify the air. Avoid Cactus, Rubber plants, Milky plants and Bonsai plants in the house as they add to your tension, illness and stunted growth of the children.
- Construction of stairs, toilet or kitchen in North-East corner of the property may lead to cancer and brain related disorders. In such cases it has been reported that it retards the growth of small children in the family.
- Never sit, work or sleep under a beam as it may cause depression, headache or loss of memory.
- To avoid any health problems related to heart or brain, prefer wooden beds without storage space and avoid sleeping on metal beds.
- Any place that is constantly damp or smells of dampness, even without any trace of the cause, is considered to an area of negative energy. As per Vaastu one should not stay in such structure.
- Is there any tree facing your main door or window? This could result in poor health of family members. Place a convex mirror on the outer wall that is facing the tree to minimize its effect.
- To minimize disorders related to heart and nervous system, avoid usage of the space below the staircase for bathroom, toilet, pantry or even for closed store.
- The colour of the roof and the walls should never be same as it leads to irritation and short temperament.
- Swimming pools or any other underground water bodies should be constructed in North, East or North-East of the plot. Having them in South-East may cause trouble to male children or wife of the owner.
Download the article in Pdf