People use to follow vastu rules since the ancient time. They were very careful in planning of their houses. Especially, they used to give topmost priority to the entrance of their premises. Still you can see auspicious signs, symbols and animals at the entrance of old buildings. These symbols and signs were not only meant for decoration, rather they have some other significance and that is none other than vastu.
Entrance does matter for any kind of construction whether it is residential or commercial. It is a face of a building. As our face gives idea about our inner qualities, same like that the entrance shows the lifestyle of the members living in. We should be very careful for making of entrance of the house. Majority of the people do not know anything about vastu, but they still consider the direction or facing of the site whether they are going to buy a plot or constructing over there.
Those who do not know about vastu, they know that north and east directions are good for making an entrance of the house. But if we follow vastu rules even south and south-west directions can be equally beneficial for the inhabitants. Entrance indicates inflow or entry of the positive energy. Inflow of positive energy can only blessed the inhabitants with health, wealth and peace. That’s why this much importance has given to the entrance in vaastu.
A professional vastu consultant suggests best entrance only after proper zoning of the eight cardinal directions. Total 32 positions have been mentioned in eight cardinal directions and 20 out of these are represented by different deities. Among these only 11 positions are auspicious for entrance. The auspicious position for entrance are as follow- 3 positions towards north-east to east, towards south to south-east 3 positions, 3 positions in west and 2 in north.
You may raise a question here – what is the method for a common man to know the ideal position for the entrance. My friends, you date of birth alone is enough to know the best auspicious position for the entrance. A professional vastu consultant can calculate it for you. And for this you can take help of a professional vastu consultant.
Here are some useful suggestions for an ideal entrance:-
- Gates should be avoided in South-West.
- The gates should not be at the extreme corners.
- Every plot should have two gates for entry, a big gate for vehicles and a smaller gate for people.
- The entrance to the house should be in direct approach to the main gate.
- Avoid big tree in front of the gate. Big trees produce chaya vedh, which is not good for the residents.
- Avoid any ditch in front of the gate and even in the pathway leading to front gate.
- No open well should be in front of the gate.
- There should be no decaying or rundown or a house in bad condition in front of the gate.
- There should be no pole of any sort in front of the gate.
- Never place a mirror facing main entrance inside the house. It can outflow the positive energy from house.
- If you are struggling with over expenses then it is advised to place feng shui coins near the entrance. It will help in controlling the expenses.
- If the main gate is on the east and the north sides it leads to prosperity and fame.
- If there are gates on the east and the west sides leads to happiness and riches.
- If the gates are on the north and the west sides it bring only wealth. It has also been seen that they increase an individual`s interest in the spiritual aspects.
- If there is a gate only in the east direction it leads to overall prosperity.
- A northern gate symbolizes material comforts.
- As per vaastu if the gate is in the west side then there will be a considerable profit in business. But this profit is short-term. After some years a lump will be experienced.
- Remember to avoid the south-west gate completely. Under no conditions should the gate be built on this side. It leads to hazards and difficulties.
Download the article in Pdf