Which is the first thing comes in your mind when you are going to invest in real estate either for commercial or residential purpose? Financial gain, isn’t it? Would you like to invest in such a property which, in long or short term, has less potential to give you profit? Off course not. Money does matters and you can’t deny it.
Today we are going to focus on the financial factors of vaastu. Some people think that it is better to invest in a land rather than investing in a multistory building. We are not agree with them. See, there is a close relation between multistory buildings and financial prosperity. To understand this we have to scrutinize the vaastu reasons which are responsible in development of multistory buildings trend.
Though scarcity of land is the most common reason for the existence of multistory buildings, but there are some vaastu reasons are equally responsible for this. Mumbai, the financial capital of India, and Dubai, the hot destination for businessman, are two fair examples in this regard. You can see the geographical maps for both Mumbai and Dubai is almost similar.
The most common thing is that they both have flowing water around them. Earlier Dubai was lacking one side water body, but after making a canal, connecting it with the Persian Gulf, its geographical map looks like Mumbai. This is a major vaastu condition which brings financial prosperity. And to cater the need of business fraternity high rise buildings have become the nature for both the destination.
A water flow all around is a sign of prosperity, but this not the only vaastu reason, one should consider while planning to invest in a multistory building. Each geographical condition has its own advantages and disadvantages. There are separate rules for a residential and commercial building. One must follow these rules while going to invest. Let’s discuss basic and some most important vaastu rules for commercial and residential multistory buildings from the builders and buyers point of view.
The ultimate goal of Developers/builders is to deliver such a project which can impress their buyers and give them goodwill and financial benefit in return. Let’s see the major points builders should keep in mind while they plan for multistory buildings:-
- Must check the lay-out plan, before taking any decision. A square or rectangular plot is ideal for the construction of multistory building.
- While starting the construction the digging should be started from the right direction. Or else it may lead to litigation / govt. problems/ negative advertisements.. etc. Here you can ask which is the right direction to start the construction. This depends on the shape of the plot and surrounding geographical conditions. A professional vaastu consultant can help best in this regard. He knows better where are the foots of Vaastu Purush and where is his head and accordingly he can suggest you the right direction to start with.
- Generator & electric panels should be kept in South-East / South.
- More attention is required for the direction to build multi-level parking.
- If the South-West / South are heavy (for e.g if there is a mountain / building) it is good for builders and the buyers. It can be seen in both geographical and man-made conditions. See, if there is mountain or hill in the South-west or South of your project, it is an ideal condition. As per vaastu South-west/ South should always be heavier. That is why we do suggest constructing biggest or heavier tower in these directions. It will help the buyers to sell their product timely.
- If the land is surrounded by water body on all the four sides (for eg. Dubai & Mumbai) its good from financial point of view for both the buyers and sellers. Even some builders follow this trend in some of their commercial projects by making an artificial water body surrounding the project.
- Open space should be left on all four sides of the building. More open space towards North and East side of the Building as compared to south and west sides.
- The slope of the floor in building should be towards North & east while South & west should be raised or flat.
- Under water tank can be built in North-east, North or east while over-head tank must be positioned in South-west/South or West.
- East and North are the ideal for the balcony space.
- Toilet should be in North-west or West.
- Every floor should be constructed in such a manner that fresh air should flow freely in every room. There should be provision of day light to enter in every room of the building.
- If attached toilet is to be provided with any room in the complex, it should be in the south portion of the room.
Points to remember for a buyer while going to invest in a multistory building:-
- Though the entrance of main building should be in East/North/North-East, but you need to check the direction of the flat/office or shop you are going to invest for. Generally, people do mistake here. Either they check the direction from the entrance of the premises or standing a bit inside. Ideally direction should be checked with the help of a compass from the center of your premises.
- If there is a swimming pool in the building, also check the position for it. As we mentioned earlier, a water body in or around always plays major role. Avoid investing in a tower situated South, South-west or West of the pool instead you can invest in the tower which is in North, North-east or East.
- One more thing which buyers confronted while they considering vaastu rule themselves at the time of selection of a site is the position of stairs. I would like to tell them that stairs are common passes in multistory buildings and they hardly matter in their peace and prosperity.
- Some buyers think that they should invest in land rather buying a flat in multistory building. They have their own reasons for this. Some of them believe that they miss magnetic power of the earth in high rise building. I would advise them that must accept the modern Vaastu rules. If they miss magnetic field In high rise buildings, they are benefited with the more cosmic energy there. So it is not a bad deal.
Download the article in Pdf