I always say, vaastu is a science not superstition. People use to follow vaastu rules since the ancient time. They were very careful in planning of their houses. Especially, they used to give topmost priority to the entrance of their premises. Still you can see auspicious signs, symbols and animals at the entrance of old buildings. These symbols and signs were not only meant for decoration, rather they have some other significance and that is none other than vaastu.
Entrance does matter for any kind of construction whether it is residential or commercial. It is a face of a building. As our face gives idea about our inner qualities, same like that the entrance shows the lifestyle of the members living in. We should be very careful for making of entrance of the house. Here the guidelines for the entrance/gates are explained as per vaastu. Since, the guidelines explained here will enable us to be ready for the time-consuming task of construction of a House.
SPECIFICATION FOR MAIN GATE AS PER VAASTU
- Every plot should have two gates for entry, a big gate for vehicles and a smaller gate for people.
- The gates should not be at the extreme corners.
- The entrance to the house should be in direct approach to the main gate.
- Gates should be avoided in South-West.
- Avoid big tree in front of the gate. Big trees produce chaya vedh, which is not good for the residents.
- Avoid any ditch in front of the gate and even in the pathway leading to front gate.
- No open well should be in front of the gate.
- There should be no decaying or rundown or a house in bad condition in front of the gate.
- There should be no pole of any sort in front of the gate.
- There should not be any underground water tank, septic tank etc. under the main entrance.
- Inauspicious pictures shouldn’t be on the main door.
- Shoes shouldn’t be kept in front of the main door.
- The door should have threshold.
- The door shouldn’t be slanted, sliding or circular.
EFFECTS OF GATE AS PER VAASTU
- If the main gate is on the east and the north sides it leads to prosperity and fame.
- If there are gates on the east and the west sides leads to happiness and riches.
- If the gates are on the north and the west sides it bring only wealth. It has also been seen that they increase an individual`s interest in the spiritual aspects.
- If there is a gate only in the east direction it leads to overall prosperity.
- A northern gate symbolizes material comforts.
- As per vaastu if the gate is in the west side then there will be a considerable profit in business. But this profit is short-term. After some years a lump will be experienced.
- Remember to avoid the south-west gate completely. Under no conditions should the gate be built on this side. It leads to hazards and difficulties.
Download the article in Pdf