Balcony is the need of modern day homes. A well-constructed balcony enhances the beauty of a house wherever it becomes the witness of joy and sorrows for those who are living in high rise buildings. Balcony fulfills the need of roof for them. They enjoy sun shine in winters and can feel the rain drops.
This is about the beauty and need of a balcony. But can you imagine this enhanced part of a house can enhance the luck and happiness of the inhabitants as well? Yes, it can be, if balcony constructed as per vaastu guidelines.
The renowned vaastu consultant Naresh Singal says balcony can’t be underestimated while constructing the house. Balconies in wrong direction not only cause health problems, it can outflow your wealth as well. Here are some vaastu tips for balcony which are advised to be followed while constructing.
- North is the ideal direction for balcony. Sun rises from East, but sun rays are stays for more time in the day in North. East is also good for balcony, but South and West are better to be avoided for balcony.
- Heavy furniture like sofa, chair etc. should be kept in the South, West or South-west.
- Of you want to keep a swing in balcony, the ideal direction for this is middle of the East and West.
- Only small potted plants and flowers should be kept in balcony. They shouldn’t be kept in the middle of the balcony and South and South-west.
- If balcony has a ceiling, it should be lower than ceiling of main structure.
- A tin shade ceiling is not recommended for balcony. It absorbs the sun-shine and heated the area under it.
- A balcony in North brings the new opportunities.
East balcony brings good health and wisdom.
Download the article in Pdf