Believe it or not, but we all are a bit superstitious. We put our best efforts to give a perfect start-up to New Year day. Despite of late night parties with near and dears on 31st December, we get up on our routine time in the morning and go to office, school or college. Not only this, we work with more energy, with more enthusiasm with a pre mind set-up to give our best and to get the best in the year just begun. Isn’t it? Some of my friends, may be, wouldn’t like the tag of superstitious. They can call themselves optimistic.
My dear friends, this optimism is required to begin well. And you must have heard the famous quote- well begun is half done. If you begin well your year, it will definitely end well. You may begin with a goal to make your business more prosperous. You may plan for a more harmonious environment that both invigorates and supports you and the people you work with. Or you may set a goal for adding more zero/zeros to your annual turnover/salary. Dedication, hard work and a favor from luck is all you need to get your goals.
If you want your dedication and hard work to be fruitful and a favor of luck you might want to consider the use of fengshui, the ancient Chinese art of placement.The literal translation for the Chinese words ‘feng’ and ‘ shui’ are ‘wind and ‘water’. It is through wind and water that chi (energy) flows through nature and universe. Chi should not be impeded but balanced so that any negative forms may be offset with positive adjustments.
Follow the teachings of fengshui and enjoy its many benefits that can indeed help create a peaceful, successful, profitable work environment.
- Declutter your desk and workplace- According to fengshui, work performance and business wealth can be increased by decluttering and establishing order on your desk. Productive chi cannot flow if all that “stuff” on your desk is blocking its movement and cluttering up your mind.
- Take everything off your desk and clean up any cluttered areas around it. Put back only items that are used every day, and papers on your desk must be limited to those for one project only. Other items and papers should be placed elsewhere; in file cabinets, desk drawers, and storage cabinets/containers.
- Add things that are lovely, positive and career-enhancing. Use the ba-gua to guide you. Ba-gua is one of the most powerful tools in fengshui to create positive changes. The ba-gua is an octagonal chart that depicts the eight points of a compass. Each direction on the compass focuses on a different facet of life. Using this knowledge can help to achieve goals in all aspects of life.
- South-east influenced wealth and fortune. To generate more wealth to your business, place a red or purple art effects on south-east corner. You can place a Gem Tree or wealth favoring laughing Buddha in this zone.
- The eastern side of your desk is your health, growth and family area, represented by wood and the colour green. A plant would be nice in this space or a family picture in a wood frame. A Bamboo Tree is an ideal gadget for this area.
- Position of Your Desk in a Room or Office– the happiness, success and prosperity you have in your business life is greatly influenced by the position of your desk. The optimal position is one in which your desk is set back to view as much of the room as possible, with your back to a wall. You should also have a view of both a window and the door, but never in direct line with the door. Diagonal desk and door alignment is best. The doorway or window should never be directly behind your back; to do so would invite negative energy.
- Water is the most powerful symbol of money in fengshui. Its sparkling chi energy is beneficial for your health and prosperity but care must be taken to keep water fresh and clean.Fountains are wonderful but be sure their water flow is not blocked, stagnant or very rapid. Another great choice is either a fish tank or aquarium. Consider including goldfish in your tank as gold is a Chinese symbol for money and is thought to attract it. North and north-east are the ideal directions to place the water body.
- Flowers and Plants-Live plants and flowers bring many positive elements into the workplace. Aside from their natural beauty, their green colour encourages personal and business growth. Avoid any cactus or plants with sharp-looking leaves as these may cause inflow of negative energy .To bring their positive influences, plants and flowers must be healthy and flourishing. If a plant dies, remove it and replace it with another.
- Your date of birth can play vital role in achieving your desired goal for the year. Your date of birth can tell your personal favourable direction. Heading towards this direction in the office or placing a powerful fengshui gadget here can do miracles in your business. You may know your personal favourable direction by consulting with a fengshui expert. He can also advise you that how you can get best out of that.